Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Control rod upgrade for GP Cessna 182 ARF?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Control rod upgrade for GP Cessna 182 ARF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Hog Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control rod upgrade for GP Cessna 182 ARF?

I am working on a GP Cessna 182 ARF that I received for Fathers Day (2004) and I am thinking about replacing the stock control rods. They are solid wire in a stiff gray plastic tube which allows allot of slop/play in the rods. I am thinking about using either Dubro's Lazer Rods, Sullivan's Flex Gold-N-Rod (red & yellow) or Sullivans Semiflex Gold-N-Rod (blue & yellow). I have never used any of these systems but any of them sound better than the rods that Great Planes supplied. Please post with any experience with or knowledge of these products.

Thank you. Gene
Old 06-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Control rod upgrade for GP Cessna 182 ARF?

I am not familiar with Dubro's Lazer Rods, they may be fine. On your plane, I do not recommend Sullivan's red and yellow except for throttle. The blue and yellow are ok but need to be supported as much as possible to avoid them flexing as well. The supplied push rods will also work very well if you support them with surrounding 1/4" balsa or 1/8" plywood.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Hog Head

Default RE: Control rod upgrade for GP Cessna 182 ARF?

ORIGINAL: Mr_Scale
The supplied push rods will also work very well if you support them with surrounding 1/4" balsa or 1/8" plywood.
I braced the supplied rods in the manner that GP said to but they still seem too flexible. I can't get my hand in the rear of the fuselage to install more bracing. The steering rod is also another problem area. The distance between servo and firewall is short and the angles are severe. Are there any other possibilities for control rods?

Thanks. Gene