Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

3rd hole in fuel tank?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

3rd hole in fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:55 AM
bad influence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd hole in fuel tank?

I have a Thunder Tiger P51 that I cannot fuel easily. I even bought remote fueling button. wont fit anywhere. Can I run a Single hose to the unused barb on the tank for fueling?

Any help??
Old 06-25-2005, 06:05 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: 3rd hole in fuel tank?

I don't know what this particular tank looks like, but the answer's probably yes. I've got a couple planes where the third line hangs out the bottom of the cowl. I just plug it with a screw.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:55 AM
mulligan

Yes... two notes:

1) Be sure you plug it when not fueling, or you won't have good tank pressure- secondly, fuel may leak out

2) If you are going to use this same line to de-fuel, you need to add a second clunk inside the tank (otherwise, it will suck air when you try to de-fuel)

The alternative to running a hose to a third tank tap is to "T" off of the carb line (which has a clunk). Obviously, you would still need to plug it for flight.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"T"ing off the carb line can lead to problems during refueling as the fuel will also leak out of the carb unless you can clamp off that part of the T during refueling.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:03 AM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the 3rd line the tube inside the tank can be straight if not de-fueling or put a bend in it to the bottom of the tank.if using muffler pressure cap the third line,i use a piece of plastic tee from plastic model kits or a piece of 5/32 music wire on 1/8 tubing
Old 06-25-2005, 10:32 AM
redfox435cat

you gotta attach the fuel fueler valve directly to the cowl. back it up with a layer of fiberglass and a layer of balsa and will work great. allitle trick to get the cowl on but that the fun of modeling
Old 06-25-2005, 07:10 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a couple with the third line and I just hang it out the bottom, I use Dubro fuel line buttons as stoppers. If you don't put a clunk on the line or bend the tube toward the bottom ( use a straight short tube ) you will probably have to turn the plane upside down to defuel it. ENJOY !!!!! RED
Old 06-26-2005, 05:54 AM
bad influence

Thanks Guys! works great. All I had to do is angle the plane forward when defueling.

you help is great!!