Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Receiver Battery Life

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Receiver Battery Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:55 PM
724SP
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver Battery Life

I have a general question regarding my receiver battery:

How many 10 to 15 minute flights could I get in a day out of my (fully charged) receiver battery with the following set-up (I know this is a pretty vague question, so very general estimates would be greatly appreciated)!

Battery: 250 maH Sanyo
Servos: (3) Futaba S-3102 Micro Servos

The aircraft is a Sig Wonder, and I have switched to the small 250 maH batterey because of weight and space issues. I have never used a receiver battery so small, and I was concerned about how many safe flights I could anticipate on a fully charged battery. The aircraft is super simple and I don't have a charge indicator installed.

Thanks for the help. Any general rules in calculating this?

Old 07-14-2005, 07:56 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Receiver Battery Life

Buy a meter that puts a load on the battery and check it before each flight. When the voltage under load gets too low, its time to charge.

Anything else is just a guess and it doesn't take into account a binding linkage or stalled servo or a cell in your pack going bad. There are several good meters that can be had for very reasonable prices that cost far less than replacing a crashed airplane or worse one that flies off into the sunset because the radio battery croaked in flight.

This would be an excellent choice.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWW16&P=0
Old 07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
724SP
My Feedback: (10)

Great. Thanks for the advice. Definately looks like the best approach. I'm going to go ahead and buy one of these meters. I think it's also a great idea for monitoring the status of some of my older flight packs!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:58 PM
trdexter

I just ordered two of these off of ebay yesterday. Most of are club members use these.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMZ56&P=7