Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

futaba 9zhp-9zap

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

futaba 9zhp-9zap

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 10:43 AM
blowinsmoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 9zhp-9zap

could someone tell me the diff. between a 9zhp, and a 9zap? I know one is for hellies and one is for planes but can the 9zap be used for planes and have all the same functions?
Old 08-13-2005, 12:59 PM
sbd-5
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: futaba 9zhp-9zap

the 9zap is for planes,the 9zhp is for helicopters,some of the switches and mixing functions are different like throttle hold idle up etc that are strictly heli functions.however for basic flight it can be used for aircraft as well.i do not know if you could reprogram the switch functions to do airplane functions or not.the jr line has a few radios that will do both modes like the 642 or 652 which stand for 6 channel 4 or5 model memmory and 2 modes heli and aircraft a 3 mode system would be for aircraft,helis and sailplanes.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:12 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: futaba 9zhp-9zap

The main difference between the two radios is the default switch positions, and some of the three-position switches are in a different location.

The software is the same for both radios; you can just about anything that can (or needs to be) done with this radio; unless you're a scale guy who needs more than nine channels to run accessories.

JR doesn't have a radio that is as flexible as the 9Z. The "new" 9303 is a step in the right direction, but JR still has a lot of catch-up ball to play. No doubt I'll get toasted by some JR-philes for that statement; but I flew a 10SX II for several years, which is basically the same as the current JR flagship 10X radio. So, I have a basis for comparison.

Opinions differ; that's mine.