Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Landing Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Landing Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 04:50 PM
easymoney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landing Problem

I have a landing problem with my CG Super Chipmunk and everytime I land the approach is not straight and one of the landing gear bends...

Does the landing for this plane should be fast or slow...
Old 10-25-2002, 06:01 PM
f4ufreak

Default Landing Problem

Sounds like the CG might be a bit far forward. When that happens you would come down hard and not be able to flare enough for a smooth landing. Try moving it back a bit. Try to use rudder on landings and use ailerons only to level the wings once your comitted to land, and on your glide path.

It may not be necessary to use rudder on landings, but it will clean up your approach and not slow you down so fast and possibly stall you out. On some aircraft-not particularly this one- the ailerons lose a lot of their effectiveness at landing speeds.

This aircraft should settle in nice and clean, and relatively slow when landing.

You might consider the trim settings for your rudder and ailerons. If you are compensating for heading- and using aileron and elevator trim instead of rudder trim, this problem you are having could result. Or- check the wing for a twist, that could cause the problem also.

I hope I have helped. Good luck, and happy landings!
Old 10-25-2002, 10:27 PM
TerrellFlyer

Default Landing Problem

if the bad approach is in the thumbs,then more stick time.If in the plane then check out the trim.www.nsrca.org then click on technical, then click on airplane trimming,hope this cures the problem.