Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Decal Material

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 12:01 AM
Dave G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decal Material

Does anyone know of a source for the material that "water slide" decals would be made on that you could put through a ink jet printer? I'm wanting to make some custom emblems (decals) for my current project, but every office supply and computer store thinks I'm loco. Any help?

Happy Landings
Old 10-31-2002, 01:21 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default Hobby Store

My local HobbyTown USA has waterslide decals for inkjet printers in stock. I remember looking at them. You also needed a spray can of fixative. I know they exist. I can't remember the brand... maybe it was Testors, the plastic model folk... I really can't remember.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:55 AM
rcalfred

Default decals....again

Go to www.micromark.com. They have both laser and inkjet decal paper. Regards.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:37 AM
Walter D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decal Material

You may also give making markings, numbers, insignias, etc. out of clear label material for inkjet printers, they come in different sizes. I printed some numbers, flags and letterings for one of my airplanes, and they came out incredibly well, just make sure that once printed, allow a few minutes for the ink to dry and then spray some clear to fuel proof it, cut the material about 1/8" around the printed material, stick it in place and done. Works extremely well, and is long lasting. Inexpensive too!
Old 11-02-2002, 03:01 AM
Dave G
My Feedback: (1)

Default Decal Material

Hi all. Thanks for the info. Yeah, you're right. I'm trying to make up some detail lettering (Placards) around some panels, latches and stuff. I've been called anal, but the details are what I like and it's really easy work. I've also did find another vendor that sells this material for a lot less than Micro-Mart (less than 1/2 the price). Their site's at: http://www.beldecal.com/inkjet_decals.cfm

Happy Landings
Old 11-02-2002, 08:16 AM
pl365322

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decal Material

Hi Dave,
Have a look at www.decalfactory.com. or this other www.papilio.com.
They have all you need.

Ciao.