Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Kit Cutters Inc

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kit Cutters Inc

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit Cutters Inc

Does anyone have experience with Kit Cutters Inc? If so, what do you get in the kit (cowl, wheel pants, plans, instruction booklet, etc) and what kind of quality can one expect? They have a Luscombe 8a that I would be very interested in, but for their prices, I think the kit should be complete. Thanks, everyone.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:35 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kit Cutters Inc

Typically a kit cutter only includes the wood needed to build the aircraft, if it is a "full kit". A short kit only includes the "cut wood", no sheets or sticks. Some will include wire for landing gear & struts. You will need to purchase any plans, instruction, canopy, hardware, and glass parts (cowl & wheelpants etc.) from a seperate supplier.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:22 PM
nickj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kit Cutters Inc

Kit Cutters doesn't mass-produce kits. Every kit is a custom job, and that's why their prices are high. They basically perform a service of selecting and cutting the wood. Saves you a lot of time and you don't end up buying more wood than you need, or (more common) making several trips to the LHS for "one more piece". But it's not a kit in the CG/GP/Sig sense. Depending on how much effort the designer put into the plans/instructions, you're still essentially scratch-building a plane.