Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

interference from swivel links?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

interference from swivel links?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:27 AM
feep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interference from swivel links?

I'm thinking of using fishing line swivels on my pull-pull system. They will be attached to the tiller arms and the adjustment will be at the control horns. Does anyone know what they are made of and will they cause interference. I use a pcm reciever already.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: interference from swivel links?

I doubt that they would cause interferance, but; why use them, totaly unecessary and just another point for a possible failure.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:53 AM
feep

point taken. But the reason i'm thinking of it is because you can't adjust the clevises without taking them off the control horns. But you are correct about making things more complicated. In fact, it just occured to me that I could install these on my Fokker E111 and if I carried this improvement concept on I would eventually end up with a Space shuttle! And then I would spend more time trying to solve problems then flying.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

I seems to me like you would have some slop because the swivels wont fit neatly into the servo arm.

For my pull pull this is what I did. At Walmart they have a teflon coated leader kit you can buy with the crimper for $8.

Buy couplers (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXK087&P=7) and drill a small hole in the end and run your leader wire through that and use the clamps and crimpers included with the kit. Then just use normal clevises to attach to the control horns

I figure you can make at least 5 pull pulls with one leader kit and for $8 plus the couplers its a ton cheaper than the $7 a piece Dubro pull pull kits.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:12 PM
feep

Thanks for the input Gringo.I'll try that method.