Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Goldberg spinners!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Goldberg spinners!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:36 PM
poodle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg spinners!

I have been flying a Goldberg Extra 300 for the past 7or8 years. It has a S.T.75 up front with a Goldberg spinner. About a month and a half ago I tipped it up on its nose and busted the prop and sheared the little plastic points on the spinner. Since then I have replaced the spinner and prop 3 times. I cannot get a full flight out of it without having the spinner blow off and go thru the prop. Before I can get it shut down it usually loosens up the muffler bolts and engine mounting screws. I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with this type spinner? The spinner I broke when I tipped it over was the original that I put on it when I built it. I have just recieved a new Great Plane spinner with the screws on it and am going to try it. First I am going to get a couple of flights in with no spinner. The engine still seems smooth so I do not think there is any other problems but I just want to make sure. I have ran it on the ground with no problems I just cannot get a flight out of it.
Thanks, Steve
Old 10-24-2005, 10:38 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg spinners!

The only problem is that the goldberg spinner is different than most others. You'll find that a flat-backed spinner like the GP will leave a considerable gap between the spinner and the nose.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg spinners!

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

The only problem is that the goldberg spinner is different than most others. You'll find that a flat-backed spinner like the GP will leave a considerable gap between the spinner and the nose.
DuBro spinners are recessed, but not as much as Goldberg spinners