Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

EXTRA 300S ENGINE SIZE

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

EXTRA 300S ENGINE SIZE

Old 11-29-2005, 07:07 PM
foots7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXTRA 300S ENGINE SIZE

I HAVE AN EAXTRA 300S CMP AIR PLANE THAT IM IN NEED OF SOME HELP ON WHAT ENGINE I NEED TO GET.
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF GAS OR GLOW WOULD BE BETTER

Old 11-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: EXTRA 300S ENGINE SIZE

It depends on what you want to do with it.

Do you want sequence--IMAC type flying?

Or do you want 3D hovering power?

Gas is going to increase the wing loading. Thats a given. You could probably get away with a 35--40cc gasser on it, but it's gonna be heavy. Maybe even a converted G-26. They are supposed to be light and powerfull.

Glow engine would be your best bet for good power and lightweight. 5300g is about 11.5 pounds RTF.

You could fly it with just about any glow engine in the recommended range. Or, if you want crazy power--put a Moki 1.80 or even a moki 2.10 on it. ST2300. ST3250. OS BGX. OS 160. Take your pick. They will all work. Just depends on your opinion of the different engines and how much vertical you want.