Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Cox Fairchild 24 2ch R/C... Is it worth anything???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cox Fairchild 24 2ch R/C... Is it worth anything???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:04 PM
johnsland8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox Fairchild 24 2ch R/C... Is it worth anything???

Hello!

I have a Cox Fairchild 24 2-Channel Radio Control Airplane. I thought I read somewhere that this was a bit of a "collector" item and I was just wondering if that were true?

The thing has never been completely assembled, it is basically still new in the box. The box is in good shape but certainly not "mint". It has all the original paperwork, instructions, hardware, decals, instructional video, etc.

Is it considered a "collector" item? And either way, what would it be worth... if anything?

Thanks,
John
Old 12-10-2005, 10:08 AM
linclogs

Default RE: Cox Fairchild 24 2ch R/C... Is it worth anything???

The "New Kit Collector Price Guide" shows the following entry for the model:

Cox Fairchild 24 w/o radio: $110.00 - $185.00

The gentleman this website belongs to seems to do a good job and updates it often. That being said, remember this is only a guide. Supply and demand is the real price setter. If you put something up for auction for instance, you may find only luke warm interest, or it may be seen by someone that has been looking for exactly that item and is willing to pay just about any price to get it. But a venue such as eBay is a pretty good way to sell. A lot of people watch eBay for specific items and usually the Cox items do well. A lot depends on your photos, your description, the condition of the item, and the category it's listed in (I bought a large, framed, artist-signed print of a really popular artist a few years ago on eBay and got it for only $50. I think it went so cheap because it was listed in the "Egyptian Art" catagory but it had nothing to do with Egyptian art. It was one of those "lucky" finds for me).

You can see the New Kit Collector Price Guide at this URL:

http://members.aol.com/skylane42a/price.html
Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 AM
Botle Rocket War

Default RE: Cox Fairchild 24 2ch R/C... Is it worth anything???

When I saw your post, I almost went nuts!

About 5 years ago I came across one of these things...It was partly put together and it had no radio equipment. It got me into the hobby... I learned as much as I could putting the little cute thing together and I taught myself how to fly on it, even though most people told me I was an idiot for trying.

After many many flights I moved up to a "real" airplane and totally trashed the Fairchild. Ever since that day I have regret it. I didn't realize what I had. Even when I owned it, it had been out of production for 10 years. I wish I would have kept her...

I am not so sure it's a collectors item, but you might want to hold onto it.

Oh, all the memories!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 12:48 PM
rcuser004
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

New Cox Fairchild 24 for sale on Ebay!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:57 PM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, you should at least include a link....