Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

source for Lithoplate aluminum sheeting

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

source for Lithoplate aluminum sheeting

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:16 AM
jfarthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default source for Lithoplate aluminum sheeting

I am working on a Cub and think I want to cover the boot cowl with adhesive backed lithoplate sheeting. Anyone know of a good source at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

John
Old 12-15-2005, 11:40 AM
piddly

Default RE: source for Lithoplate aluminum sheeting

many years ago i purchased lithoplate at our local newspaper .15 per sheet.it was messy with ink try your local paper.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:50 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Photo-etch offset aluminum plate is almost extinct. paper plating and newer scanning technology has made disposable plates the standard in the industry.

My cousin ownes a printing business that for years was hot type then offset. In fact, he just last night gave me the remainder of his new aluminum sheet stock.

I have several cleaned,(used) plates that I'd be happy to send you if you can't find anything local.

Happy New Year!

Point Magu
Old 12-31-2005, 01:14 AM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check for local print shops too. Thats where I found mine. The guy was very nice. Took time to talk to me about how I use it and gave me enough to last me a while.

Scott
Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
[email protected]

In new zealand we can normally purchase it from signwriting type supply firms, even try signwriters. You will normally find the local signwriter who will know who in the occupation uses it and refer you accordingly. For those in NZ I buy the lithoplate from FOSTER NAMEPLATES in CHCH.
The word NAMPLATE may be a lead in to overseas supply houses. regardes trevor h[>:]
Old 01-01-2006, 10:40 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: jfarthing

I am working on a Cub and think I want to cover the boot cowl with adhesive backed lithoplate sheeting. Anyone know of a good source at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

John
John, if you can't find the lithoplate, a good alternative is aluminum roof flashing, you can get rolls about a foot wide at Lowe's, forget how much, but pretty reasonable. It's what I used to do the boot cowl on my L-4. It has more memory than lithoplate, but if you carefully form it, it works great. I used contact cement to glue it down, and it takes paints great.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
jfarthing

OK, thanks guys. I found some aluminum flashing in my garage left over from recent remodeling and it looks like it will work just fine.

Thanks again

John