Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Setup for Pitts Biplane-Rudder-Elevator

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Setup for Pitts Biplane-Rudder-Elevator

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:32 AM
flydoctor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup for Pitts Biplane-Rudder-Elevator

Undecided on setup on 72" Pitts style Biplane....... I am building a Pitts style plane and was wondering if I should go with a pull-pull rudder and a -Y- elevator setup or a pull-pull rudder with twin elevator servos at the tail. I have 2 Hitec 5645's to use . If I go pull-pull rudder I don't have enough room to put the elevator servo in the same box with the rudder servo centered. I would have to offset it to allow room for the other servo for the -Y-so... I thought I would use a -Y- on the elevator and a rudder servo at the tail.. I need opinions from experienced flyer-builders who have done this..The plane will weigh in at @ 12 to 13 lbs. when finished. Thanks, the Flydoctor
Old 12-25-2005, 10:36 AM
the_madgenius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup for Pitts Biplane-Rudder-Elevator

flydoctor, i use pullpull system in my 3D pattern ship, which has split elevators , and i have absolutely no problem with the rudder and elevator servo sitting side by side, all i recommend you do is install the rudder servo a 1/4 of an inch higher than the elevator servo. This is to make sure that there is no conflict wit hthe servo arms fouling each other. This is easily achieved by adding 2 strips of 1/4 plywood under the mounting lugs of the servo, then use 2 wires to control the rudder , and 4 wires to control the elevators from their servo{2 go to the up side and 2 for the down side,} The differiential you will achieve will be so minimal, you will never detect the difference