Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Fuel Tank,engine questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel Tank,engine questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
AVFLIER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank,engine questions

I have a Great Planes 14oz tank, with a Great Planes fuel valve. The clunk line hooks to the valve and the other fitting continues to the engine. when fuel runs out the muffler, the tank is full, Is this the correct way??? The vent line protrudes "out" the front of the tank. Do you just hook the muffler line to that?? Past tanks I put in a tube in the tank's vent hole.

Also, I'm mounting a Magnum 120. I have to mount it at the very end of the engine mount so it will stick out the front of the cowl. Will mounting it on the end be ok??? The problem I see is on the end it is tapered on the bottom of the engine mount, and the screws won't secure right.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: Fuel Tank,engine questions

The only problem with mounting the engine all the way to the end is the extra vibration. in most cases is a none issue. for the screw in front. cut threads probably 8-32 and screw it in that way. you've gotta be accurate when drilling the holes though.

sound like you got the tank right. vent line? the clunk goes to the engine. the top nipple goes to the muffler. if it has a center nipple, been awhile since I dealt with a GP tank leave the center nipple sealed. yes fuel should come out of the muffler line when it's full
Old 01-11-2006, 10:20 AM
AVFLIER

Redfox
Thanks for the reply. I'll do just that.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Buteos

You can use the center line for a fill valve so you need not disconnect other lines to fill and the pressure won't be forced into your carb.[X(]