Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dual Receiver/Dual Battery Setup Question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dual Receiver/Dual Battery Setup Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:01 AM
razorback11
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Receiver/Dual Battery Setup Question

I am graduating to the larger gas engined warbirds now and have been entertaining the possibility of installing two receivers and two battery packs to increase channel flexibility and provide some radio redundancy for safety reasons. I have discussed this with club members and gathered some thoughts on the matter but nothing firm enough to use as guidance to begin setting up a dual system. Thought I would pose the question to you experts out there to see if someone could walk me through a good reliable dual receiver/dual battery pack flying setup for larger gas aircraft. razorback11
Old 01-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Dual Receiver/Dual Battery Setup Question

This is always being discussed in the Giant Scale forum. In fact, just recently there have been 2 seperate threads on this very subject.

I suggest you go over the the GS forum and do a search. You'll be busy reading for a couple days.

Basically, just put both RXs in the plane and provide each RX with a battery and a switch. Cross the controls. Meaning that you would put the right ailerons on the right RX, but thats also where the left elevator would go. Right elevator goes on left RX along with left aileron.

Throttle and choke go on seperate RXs.

Adding a second RX doesn't give you any more reliability when it comes to interference. If one gets hit--they both get hit. What it does is allow you to plug in a bunch of servos--where with a single RX, you'd run out of ports for all the servos. It also allows for better power distribution, but only if you use dual leads to plug into each RX and supply it with more power. Otherwise, you won't get anymore power out of a dual setup than a single setup.

There are all kinds of powerboxes, power expanders, gizzmos that you can use--for a small fee--to distribute large currents of power, but I think that for the average sport flyer, just plug 2 connectors into the RX for power and go fly.

Go to the GS forum and do a search. Lots of info.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:25 AM
razorback11
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual Receiver/Dual Battery Setup Question

Rcpilet....thanks for the info. I will check the Giant Scale forum for those threads. razorback11