Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

GP Stik 40

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 04:46 PM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Stik 40

Got one of these built in trade, no engine, etc. Had slight damage, fixed. question: I'm using a TT .46 pro on it and GP says balance at 4 1/8 from l.e. to do that I've got to add 4 oz of lead to tail, does this sound right to you guys?

Dumb question, on covering, dark on bottom and light on top, right?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:46 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default GP Stik 40

You'r not filling the tank are you? Balance with the tank empty.

Also, you asked about covering. Wait until it's covered before you balance it. There's a lot more covering behind the CG than in front of it.

Dark on bottom/ Light on top? Your call. I like to say keep the top and bottom different so you can easily see which is which. Use contrasting colors on both sides so you can see it well whether it's against a light background (sky) or a dark background (trees/mountain)
Old 12-02-2002, 08:35 PM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Default Stik 40

it's built complete. tank empty. got two aileron servos, regular servo placement. tt 46 in nose with higley light hub, still 4 oz of weight in tail for c.g. of 4 1/8. what to other stik guys have, i know some have gotta have the same engine. many thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 09:38 PM
Steve Guinn

Default GP Stik 40

If your sure about the CG location, I would put 2 oz. of removable weight on and give it a shot. That should put you close enough to be safe. See how it fly's and adjust accordingly. JMO
Old 12-11-2002, 08:02 AM
Grampaw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Covering

Minnflyer's advice on covering is right on. Do something different on the bottom, as that Stik 40 can move! Often it gets a ways out, and you can lose orientation real quick. I have a GP Stik 40 ARF, a beautiful red model, with the broad white slashes across the tops and bottoms of the wing. This has caused me to have some heart palpations from time to time. I'm mulling over whether or not to change the bottom pattern (as MInnflyer said) for a quick visual reference while doing aerobatics. But as I love to do slow speed aerobatics with it and the Stik looks so pretty slowing rolling I might just get another one and add a black & white checkerboard on the botom for high speed stuff! Wouldn't hurt to have two would it?
Old 12-14-2002, 05:45 AM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Top and Bottom

Just my two cents. When I built my 2nd plane, Sig 4*60, I went with whatever I liked on top and vertical (LE to TE) black and white 3" stripes, just like the invasion stripes of warbirds. NO WAY, you could mess up the orientation, unless of course you duplicated the top and bottom....
Old 12-14-2002, 04:33 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Default Re: Stik 40

Originally posted by FLYHI
it's built complete. tank empty. got two aileron servos, regular servo placement. tt 46 in nose with higley light hub, still 4 oz of weight in tail for c.g. of 4 1/8. what to other stik guys have, i know some have gotta have the same engine. many thanks
I had the ARF version of this with an OS 46FX as my 2nd plane. From memory I did have to add weight to the tail to balance it, but it wasn't 4oz. I think it was something like 1 1/4 oz.

Hope this helps.