Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 How many aircraft are too many? >

How many aircraft are too many?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How many aircraft are too many?

Old 06-14-2006, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many aircraft are too many?

I feel so put down, I have one plane and thats the f27b stryker
But then again, Im only forteen years old, can't wait to be fifteen, I can finally get a job... then maybe catch up to you guys
Anyways I am now saving for a six channel transmitter and a new plane... p47 thunderbolt
Just cant tell my parents I want the plane because they'll kill me, I can just now picture my mum "A new plane?!, You just got the stryker!, How can you want a new plane!!!"
Thats what I have to live with, I can tell you that that is a much worse case than a wife...
Go ahead, laugh if you have too...
Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 AM

PP, Good for you bro!!! How did you get introduced to the sport?

I learned to fly back in the early 70's on U control, then went to RC. When I was a kid, we'd be playing around the house, and we'd hear a plane fire up at one of the local schools. We'd all ride our bikes over and check it out. Now days, you can't fly planes at schools or parks, or at least the ones you can hear so I believe there is a huge percentage of kids out their that would get into this hobby, but really don't know about it. Congratulations on starting at an early age, a word of warning though, its a lifelong addiction, but at least its a lot healthier than some of the other addictions kids pick up around your age...... Greg
Old 06-14-2006, 08:18 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: passionatepilot

I feel so put down, I have one plane and thats the f27b stryker
Do not feel put down and do not let that get to you in a way that has you looking at a plane that may be beyond your abilities. You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders but the P47 is most likely going to be a bit much for a second plane. If you are talking about glow planes as the next step and Four Star 40, Great Planes Super Sportster and a host of others. The Stryker is a bit touchy and will help but bigger planes require a bit more "work" to learn to fly safely.

Just cant tell my parents I want the plane because they'll kill me, I can just now picture my mum "A new plane?!, You just got the stryker!, How can you want a new plane!!!"
We'll help "educate" mum for you

I am lucky, I got into this well after my divorce, I hear stories of guys having to have stuff sent to the place they work, a friends house, etc... so that their wives will not catch them. [:'(]
Old 06-15-2006, 02:36 AM

Thanks for the positive replies guys.
This is an addiction that Im glad to have
I got into tc airplanes one year ago after spotting a toy plane. My second plane was a three channel trainer (may they both rest in peace) and after that I got the stryker. The stryker wih a fair breeze can top 110 kmph downwind. Ive had the stryker for two weeks now and I think its a sinch to fly. Im now thirsty for something bigger and better and that is the p47 thunderbolt. Ive got my heart set on this plane and Im sure with a bit of confidence I will handle it OK.
Oh and, my mum isn't that bad, she's simply sick of rc airplanes because ( this is what she says) "I talk to much about them."
I've already given her an education about them and I think I've filled in every detail.
Now, a bit of fake tears and maybe I'll get her to feel sorry for me and like them aswell...
Thanks guys

PP
Old 06-15-2006, 04:18 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When do you have to many.
When the garage is full, the attic packed, the spare room is a hangar with no hopes of fitting any type of sleeping apparatus, the shed has 3 to many planes packed in, at least one car has just enough room to shoe horn a driver into, and you need to pick up 3 more planes you bought online today.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You only have too many in one circumstance : you try to do what a couple toy plane adds I've seen say you can do, fly two at a time. If you try this, then you will find you have at least one too many.

Of course, the late, great Jim Walker was regularly flying at least 3 control line planes at the same time, and was working on flying 4 simultaneously.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:42 PM

after many years of the same question-- it was solved when I started to get her interested in a collecting hobby- dolls. it was cheaper than 2 houses. worked until Katrina took all of our possesions/collections. now we start over again, on a much smaller scale. dick
Old 08-16-2006, 04:42 PM

hopefully with a nice insurance settlement tho...