Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Z-Bend Pliers near SLO, CA

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Z-Bend Pliers near SLO, CA

Old 04-01-2006, 07:53 PM
voiceofyogi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z-Bend Pliers near SLO, CA

Hello folks,
does anyone have any z-bend pliers I could use near San Luis Obispo, California? I have a pair but they are in storage and I can't get to them right now. I do not need to borrow them, I just need to bend 2 pushrods. If so, please either respond here or give me a call at 831-325-1562. Thank you very much.
John
Old 04-02-2006, 08:47 AM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Z-Bend Pliers near SLO, CA

I could not stand to see a guy from my old college town go down with 0 responses.

Go out to one of the local clubs and see if there is anyone out there like me, who brings his entire workshop with him to the field. If not, ask around the Aero dept. at Cal Poly. There are some modelers on the faculty. Well, there were 15 yrs ago. Also try e-mailing a few people on one of the local club sites.

When I say 'local' for up there, I mean within.....be prepared to drive a bit.

I am usually up there monthly, but all this rain has my schedule all jacked-up.

The other thing you can do is a manual Z-bend. It's not that hard to do at all, but you will need a vice, (preferably), and some good NN pliers.

If all else fails, use solder-on clevises and set the final adjustments using the threaded portion of the clevis. This takes a soldering iron, but every EE student at Cal Poly has one in his/her backpack.

Good luck!!

Mark