Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RC in China

Old 04-05-2006, 03:47 PM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC in China

Does anyone have any contacts in China for RC Flying?

I am about to relocate to Tianjin (North of Beijing) and am trying to find anyone that flies RC (Planes or Heli's) so that when I get there, I will at least have some contacts instead of just using the simulator whilst there.

If I can't fly something there, I'll probably go completely nuts instead of just aeromodeller nuts. Any contacts at all, whether they are in Tianjin or otherwise, would be most appreciated.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:12 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC in China

I've spent months on Beijing and only found one hobby shop. I went to the World Models website and had someone translate the "Mainland Distributors". I have the guy's card at work. You can PM me for more details as to how to get there and phone number. They don't speak much English, but the guys that work there fly both Planes and Heli's - I think near the airport. As with most people in China, they are very nice and once and a while, have very good deals on stuff. I bought a World Models 120 CAP for 800 RMB (<$100 US).
North Beijing and Tanjin area are pretty wide open. I can't imagine it being too hard to find a place to fly. I've seen a few guys flying Heli's in open areas around the BDA.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:26 AM
selamoon

There're flying clubs in Tianjing. If you can find the shop, you can find the club.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:46 PM
FilipSt

Hello,
I am interested in buying an electric RC helicopter but in Poland they are pretty expensive. I will be in Beijing for 2 weeks from April 27th. Do youknow any places there where I could buy this kind of RC? It will be my first RC helicopter.

Thanks for help
Old 04-18-2006, 03:58 PM
aussiesteve

Hi FilipSt

I've just sent you a PM with the details that I was given for a shop in Beijing.

Good Luck

Steve
Old 04-18-2006, 04:02 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

What did you do to get that TOD. My boss recently mentioned that I may be getting a similar one.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:27 PM
aussiesteve

I've tried real hard to convince myself that it's because I'm so damn good that they need me there!!

Some people would say that it's the exact opposite!

Either way it's probably just that with 2 x WOT and very keen teenagers both flying back in Oz, I was glad to come here, then to China for some peace & quiet.

Seriously though - I contract my Engineering & Management services all over the world to wherever they are wanted and China just happens to be one of the current hot spots - It's also on the same time zone as home.

Either way, because of my work (which I've been doing for quite a few years now),I've crashed RC aircraft in 14 different countries - I wonder what the most countries someone has crashed in is?? Maybe I should start a thread on it.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Either way, because of my work (which I've been doing for quite a few years now),I've crashed RC aircraft in 14 different countries - I wonder what the most countries someone has crashed in is?? Maybe I should start a thread on it.
Thats a score that will be hard to beat! I don't come even close in just states[X(].
Old 04-18-2006, 04:53 PM
aussiesteve

Unfortunately - I've only flown in 15 countries - Crashed in all but one of them and iin the odd one out, I was only in that one for a very short time and only flew a friends plane - I try to never crash other peoples planes.

It's also over a span of 25 years (of travel).
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Schang

Hi everybody

I'm also staying in Tianjin at the moment and I'm looking for RC Airplane for one of my buddies back home. Could I get someone to write me the address of the shop in Beijing?

Thx, Michael
Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Oly

Schang,
I'm going to Beijing this next weekend, I'm also interested in a hobby shop there. If anyone knows of a model airplane hobby shop in Beijing, please PM me with the address. We're leaving March 23.

Thanks,

Oly
Old 03-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Oly

Aussie Steve and Schang,

How far is Beijing from Tianjin? Would be cool to meet up with, or at least get info from guys half way around the world!!!

I'll be watching this thread until Friday and then we're headed for China!! PM me if you feel like it.

Oly
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 AM
BenziT

Any RC shops in Pudong China ?
Shanghai area ?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
reaaz

Hey, I'm in china till late sept... & I am also really looking to find a rc heli/plane hobby shop in Shanghai & or zibo city. Hope someone has a clue!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:47 PM
stefan_99

I'm planning to go to Beijing in Oktober.
Would be great to know some adresses of RC shops there.
Do you have any idea about the price level for rc models (heli, monster truck, plains) there?

Stefan
Old 08-11-2007, 07:34 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, everyone is going to China huh??? Whats up there?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 AM
reaaz

China is the manufacturing capital of the world! thats why... plus beijing olympics is well underway up here now! Plus lots of chinese girls on bikes!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:54 PM
NCIS

Hey,

Just send me back a 21 year old Chinese Sweetie and I'll forget the hobby for a while. Look up shanghai_fool on this site somewhere in Warbirds. He is building a Top Flite F4U Corsair and he knows China and Japan very good. He is located in Shanghai most of the time but comes to America for extended periods also. Try to PM him and see what he can help you with.

Good luck in China and don't forget the pretty girl,

Gibbs
Old 08-15-2007, 10:28 PM
reaaz

thk's I sent him a pm.. maybe he can help. Yep, there sure are alot of very cute chicks here. Very good if your single, bad if your not! lol
Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

google rc products , I think flymodels is there , they are one of the biggest rc factories that make planes similar to CMp ,
Also willhobby , they copy Top Flight birds in ARFs format . Good luck while your there maybe you can tell them what we want in scale equity in our ARFS lol
Old 08-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Schang

Hey, if you get the address of a shop of some sort in Beijing please post it to the board!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Gus the Hippo

Did you ever get any details of flying sites or guys that fly in or around Beijing. I will more than likely be coming over in November and wonder about bringing my gear with me. Any help or advice would be good. Cheers. Gus