Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Solder help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:17 AM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Solder help

Why not go the easier and cheaper (in the long run) route and just use two servos for flaps. That's what I did on my Flyin King and Super Flyin' King.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:27 AM
RVM

I thought of dual flap servos, but since this is the first kit I have built in over 10 years I'm going to stick to the instructions and plans for now. I have made a couple of beginner mistakes that I should not be making, so I'm currently focusing on making sure that I relearn how to build cleanly and as perfectly as possible.

The dual servos would be easier, certainly, but I don't see how it would be cheaper in the long run. Could you please explain?

Since you've built a FK and SFK, do you have any advice specific to the kits? I am just about to finish the center wing section and start on the outer wings. I'm also using the tailwheel instead of the tricycle gear.

Thanks!

ORIGINAL: staggerwing

Why not go the easier and cheaper (in the long run) route and just use two servos for flaps. That's what I did on my Flyin King and Super Flyin' King.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:35 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Cheaper, it only takes a couple of sport servos for the flaps, nothing special. Cheaper than buying all the soldering stuff.

Mine are both tail draggers. I used a Klett tail wheel on the FK. If you haven't built the fuselage yet, don't worry about cutting out the windows unless you really want to see in the interior. It will add a lot of strength to that area. The large wing puts a lot of stress on the structure as Bruce designed it. Don't ask me how I know.

With the tail dragger you will need to be ready to add rudder on take off especially ifyou are flying off a paved runeay. Keep the tail down for a bit until you get up speed and hold right rudder. When you get up to speed, let up on both the elevator and rudder and it will track just fine.

You will love flying the FK. You do need to coordinate rudder with ailerons on turns. It will give you great practice using your rudder if you don't already.

I have a Saito 91 in my FK and that is perfect at this altitude.

Rich

---------------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31
Old 04-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: RVM

Thanks to everyone's significant help here I was finally able to get this soldered.

Kewl...