Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Looking for 22AWG Battery wire

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for 22AWG Battery wire

Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Bidule
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 22AWG Battery wire

Hello guys

I have many planes and this winter, after cycling my packs, i realized that 3 of my Battery packs rated @1100mah were bellow 500mah so i put them in the garbage. I now want to build my own battery pack, so i am looking for the wire. I want some Heavy duty Wire black/white bonded like 22AWG or 24 AWG but in bulk quantity. I want to buy a 50 or 100 Feet roll. All i found is sold in 24inch or 48inch length. I already got the connectors, pins and the crimper, all i need is the wire. I am pretty sure someone know where to get this.

Thanks a lot for any help
Old 04-12-2006, 09:31 AM
2slow2matter

Default RE: Looking for 22AWG Battery wire

Go to radio shak. They sell stranded wire in both of those sizes--it will come in a package of three rolls--one roll red, one black, and one green. They are 50 feet each, and the whole package is around 5 bucks.

You wanted bonded wire? Simple--take your red and black wire completely off of the spool. Chuck one end up in a cordless drill, and have someone hold the other end. Spin away--the wire will coil up nice and tight, and it will be "bonded." Not a flat bond, but good enough. A lot of battery manufacturers simply twist their Pos and Neg wires together anyway! This is how I make all of my servo extensions...
Old 04-12-2006, 09:33 AM
2slow2matter

Another idea if you truly want flat bonded wire is to go with speaker wire. There is a lot of speaker wire out there in those sizes. You might not get red and black together, but you can get copper and silver, or (at the very least) one wire will have a black stripe, or positive sign, or something indicating some sort of polarity.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

Radio shack also sells 3 wire intercom wire that is 24 guage stranded. Color coded red,green, and yellow wrapped in a flexible plastic sleeve. Comes in 50, 150, and 500 ft rolls. Perfect for any type of servo extensions, battery packs, or any other radio electrical as long it doesn't draw more than 1 1/2 amps per lead. Paul
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Weasel Keeper
My Feedback: (16)

ServoCity has 20 & 22 gauge servo wire in bulk. [link=http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_wire__bulk_.html]Servo Wire[/link]
Old 04-13-2006, 04:21 PM
red head

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most auto parts stores probably have it or can order it for you. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 04-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Bidule

Hey thank you everybody for all your inputs.

Weasel Keeper your the man, that's exactly what i was looking for !
I will just remove the yellow wire and it will be perfect.

I can't believe i spend a whole day looking for this.

Thanks !