Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Setup Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Setup Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 03:52 AM
biggles71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve

Hi guys,

Can anybody guide me with the setup of a Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve for my cowled GP RV4 ? I didn't come with any instructions....

How many lines leaving the fueltank, do I need to use ? 2 r 3?

Preferably a drawing of what needs to be connected to what ?

Thanks and best regards,

Biggles
Old 04-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: Setup Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve

It's simple, Biggles. The fitting that comes out of the valve at an angle goes to the tank. The fitting that comes out straight goes to the carb. This is your fuel supply line. If you are running a glow engine, attach the vent line to the muffler pressure as normal. If you're running a gasser, simply run the vent line out the bottom of the fuselage.

I hooked mine up as a 3rd line fill-only system on my Zenoah G-23. I ran the angled fitting to the tank as described and blocked off the straight fitting.

Dr.1
Old 04-16-2006, 10:07 AM
biggles71

Thanks DrDriver;;;

So I understand that if you don't hook up the 3rd line as you did, one can just use 2 lines only leaving the fuel tank...? Correct?

Brgds,

Biggles
Old 04-16-2006, 10:28 AM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Biggles71,

I've used the Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve on a Sig J-3 cub for the very same reason you are on your airplane. I tried it the way that the valve had been intended but found it would leak air and cause my engine to go lean. I turned around and did what Dr1Driver did and have had good success since. So yes go with the three line fuel system and hook up the third line coming from the tank to the angle barb of the Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve. Simply plug the straight barb with a short piece of tubing which is pinched closed.

Cheers,
Old 04-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Dr1Driver

That's right, biggles. Mine has never leaked air, but I have heard some do, possibly if connected inline like tschuey says.

Dr.1
Old 04-17-2006, 06:19 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Dr1Driver

That's right, biggles. Mine has never leaked air, but I have heard some do, possibly if connected inline like tschuey says.

Dr.1
I've got one or two planes with them inline between the carb and tank and they have never leaked. However, enough people have posted bad experiences that I've switched to 3 line setups and fuel dots.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tschuy

So yes go with the three line fuel system and hook up the third line coming from the tank to the angle barb of the Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve.
Since you are going with a three-line system, why not use a fuel dot instead? It is simpler, lighter, fool proof, and leak free, and it doesn't require a special fueling probe.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:59 AM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Richard L.

ORIGINAL: tschuy

So yes go with the three line fuel system and hook up the third line coming from the tank to the angle barb of the Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve.
Since you are going with a three-line system, why not use a fuel dot instead? It is simpler, lighter, fool proof, and leak free, and it doesn't require a special fueling probe.

With all of my new planes I do. But the Du-Bro RC Kwik-Fill Fueling Valve was already mounted (hole drilled) so I worked around the problem....

Cheers,
Old 04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The hole for the fuel dot is 3/8" diameter, which is the same as the hole for the fueling valve. So all you need to do is remove the fueling valve and install a fuel dot in its place.