Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Any rating,coment o feedback for the LA Flyer 40 from Airborne-Models?I can't find any!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Any rating,coment o feedback for the LA Flyer 40 from Airborne-Models?I can't find any!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
onlyfinol
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any rating,coment o feedback for the LA Flyer 40 from Airborne-Models?I can't find any!

I’ve been looking for a rating or feed back for this airplane (LA Flyer 40 from Airborne Models) but I haven’t find anything, not even here in RCUniverse.
Does any one know about this airplane? Is it good flyer?
I like the way it looks even thought is a trainer, but I ‘m planning to eliminate its dihedral wing. I need some feedback first before I spend $100 on this bird.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 01:08 PM
carrellh

Default RE: Any rating,coment o feedback for the LA Flyer 40 from Airborne-Models?I can't find any!

In general, people seem to think the planes from Airborne-Models are a good value. Assuming this is the one, it's a decent looking plane. Not sure I'd want a cowl on a trainer.
http://ecsvr.com/abm/shopexd.asp?id=2136
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84900.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	447862  
Old 04-20-2006, 08:30 AM
jjman11

Default RE: Any rating,coment o feedback for the LA Flyer 40 from Airborne-Models?I can't find any!

I have the LA Flyer.

I actually bought it as my second plane, its fun to fly and is fairly aerobatic the way I have it set up. I did have to replace the flimsy landing gear and foam tires though, along with a couple of other mods. I run an evolution .46 with a 10x6 prop on it, had to trim the cowling to get it to fit. I have about 40 flights on it.

In fact, I liked this one so much I bought the LA Racer from World Models also, its the low wing version, have not put it together yet though.

Anything in particular that you would like to know?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 AM
onlyfinol

First of all I would like to thank you guys for your response.
JJMan11
Respect to the modification, were they necessary because bad design?, or you made such modification because you wanted to.
I'm planning to use a K&B .48 which has a lot of power, and I might to eliminate the dihedral to make more aerobatic if I'm able to. Do you know if this last thing is possible to do in this airplane?.
Please let me know what are the other type of modification you did on your LA Flyer 40. I also wonder if take much skill to put it together since it is a ARF. I don't have experience in building airplanes.
I'm concern about all this things because not even Airborne-Models give much detail about the airplane[sm=confused.gif].
Thanks again and will be waiting for you response
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 AM
jjman11

ORIGINAL: onlyfinol

First of all I would like to thank you guys for your response.
JJMan11
Respect to the modification, were they necessary because bad design?, or you made such modification because you wanted to.
I'm planning to use a K&B .48 which has a lot of power, and I might to eliminate the dihedral to make more aerobatic if I'm able to. Do you know if this last thing is possible to do in this airplane?.
Please let me know what are the other type of modification you did on your LA Flyer 40. I also wonder if take much skill to put it together since it is a ARF. I don't have experience in building airplanes.
I'm concern about all this things because not even Airborne-Models give much detail about the airplane[sm=confused.gif].
Thanks again and will be waiting for you response
No, I dont think it was a bad design, at least with the landing gear. I fly off a sometimes bumpy grass field and the wire landing gear that came on it was bending too much on landing, so it put something stiffer on it.

Its a pretty easy build, comes with good directions and all the part bags are numbered. The dihedral could be taken out by making a new wooden spare, the one in the kit gives it the dihedral, you could play with that when you get it.

The tailwheel attachment design needed beefed up also, I used a small piece fashioned from an extra aluminum licence plate that I cut up.

I also beefed up the servo tray by some strategic placement of glued popsicle sticks.

I had to add a considerable amount of weight to the tail for proper balance, the engine this kit calls for is only a LA 40 and my 46 weights more.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
onlyfinol

Thanks JJMan11
You should rate this airplane on RCUniverse, because nobody has not done it yet.
I'm going to buy mine this week, hopefully they do not take too long for the shipping because I'm moving out at the end of this month.
Did you orderer it or buy it from a local Hobby Shop?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:26 PM
jjman11

I did rate it on rcuniverse, mine is the only one though. I ordered it from airborne-models.com, it took about 1 week.

Just a side note: When I ordered it from them, they mistakenly sent me the LA racer instead, after I called them they offered me to keep the LA racer and they would send the correct LA flyer for only $50 more. So thats how I ended up with both, 2 complete planes for only $150 total. If your lucky, maybe they will make the same mistake with you.