Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to remove barrel from OS carb

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to remove barrel from OS carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Kenny4842

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove barrel from OS carb

Can you remove the barrel from an OS carb? If so how? The carb is from a 40FP. A friend gave me an old engine to see if I could get it running again. I soaked the entire thing in glow fuel and that cleaned a lot of the gunk out of it. Finally got the engine where it will turn over, but I still can not get the carb to move.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:36 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to remove barrel from OS carb

Kenny, you shouldn't have to remove the barrel. Use a heat gun or hair dryer and heat the carb a bit and try it. Keep heating and trying to move the barrel. It should start to move pretty quick.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:37 PM
alanc

take out the throttle stop screw, simply pour boiling water over the carb ( NOT!!!! over your hand!!) barrel will loosen, remove it, and wipe away the castor that will be present with a cotton bud (well, they are cotton buds here, anyway) clean and oil,

while it is stripped, clean out the fuel nipple, 10 minute job, you could just use the water trick, and leave it at that, but there is a chance the crud will solidify again
Old 04-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Kenny4842

Alanc, excellent advice, it worked perfect. Been messing with this thing for 3 day lol. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2006, 06:02 PM
alanc

no problem, that a cool beer you owe me, coarse, first you have to send me a plane ticket

hope it runs ok, the FP motors where fairly bullet proof, check the hardened thrust washer is present, behind the prop driver, wouldnt be the first time one had been missing, from a previous strip-down