Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cheap airbrush

Old 01-28-2002, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap airbrush

I went to Wal-mart last night and saw a cheap Testors airbrush for sale. It uses pressure from a can. I wanted to know if anyone has tried using these and if they were somewhat satisfied with the results. I don't really want to have to buy a compressor along with a $100 airbrush for the small amount of painting that I will do.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Default Cheap airbrush

I needed one to complete a kit that had allot of plastic canopies. I bought one and was able to paint about half of what I needed to paint before I ran out of propellant. I purchased an adapter that allows me to us 'the family car spare tire' as an air tank for the pressure. The one that I have is the external mix, which means the air goes across the top and literally sux the paint out and into the flow of air. Remember when you were a kid and you blew across a coke bottle to make that kewl sound? Same efrfect here. You will not be able to paint fine lines, but you can always mask or make templates to whatever you are painting. I would suggest getting one if you are on a limited pocket and really need to get something painted. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:33 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Cheap airbrush

I've used one of these when I was painting something that did'nt require fine lines,it worked great!Definately worth the price!Have done some grille work airbrushing on a drag car,turned out great,I used stencils that I made for lines and such.I used an air tank for filling tires.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:05 AM

Default Cheap airbrush

They also make a double-action model. I have both, they work fine for what they are intended: not finishing a 7-foot Cub. Dzl