Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 02:59 PM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio issue

i have this receiver from futaba that seems to have a little problem when i put my plane in the backyard i have one acre and walk to the very back put my transmitter down with the antenna down walk back to my plane the control surfaces start to move slightly around like it was having a radio interferance what could this be? a bad crystal? i even raised up the antenna and still did somewhat the same thing. this is a 1/4 scale super cub and it has jr servos connected to a 7 channel number 60 reciever. everything is plugged in snuggly i had my friend who is a expert helped me out laying out the batter and reciever antenna he had a ham radio liscence so he wouldnt have to worry about the radio interferances this used to be his plane. so any thoughts? what could be the remedie for this? should i try it out with another 7 channel radio and swap out the crystal? thanks
Old 05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
agexpert

Default RE: radio issue

Pick the tx up off the ground!! It sounds like you are probably OK. Do a standard range-check with the antenna down WHILE you hold it at your normal flying position. Putting a tx on the ground will significantly reduce it's range. If it fails a standard range-check, send it and the RX in for service and tuning.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
CRAZYRYAN

Default RE: radio issue

oh yea forgot that detail