Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

LT-40 Balance Point?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

LT-40 Balance Point?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:10 PM
thinairflyer
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT-40 Balance Point?

I just picked up a used Sig LT-40 ARF with no manual. I searched but could not find a manual. Could someone tell me what the balance point on this model is supposed to be? Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 04:11 PM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LT-40 Balance Point?

On the main spar works quite well, just aft of it if you want it to spin
Old 05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

The LT 40 is naturally a bit tail heavy. A bit nose heavy on the spar should do the trick. As majtomski said above you can move the balance point farther aft as you get used to the flight characteristics.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have mine balanced about 1/4" behind the main spar with an empty tank. The tank is in the stock location. 12oz tank. Fill it up and the plane is just about level. As it burns off the plane becomes more aerobatic.

I fly mine like I'm trying to break it. Rolling circles, hovering, snaps, harriers, knife-edge passes --you name it. They actually fly pretty good, considering what they are. Just move the balance back a bit and crank up the throws, then wring it out!!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 PM
mohawk
My Feedback: (4)

Per sig ARF manual, recommended balance point is between 3-1/2 to 4-1/4 inch behind the leading edge of the wing. Hope this helps. Happy flying.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM
thinairflyer
My Feedback: (40)

Thanks to all, mine presently balances level at the front edge of the spar (3 1/4") I'll move the cg back some as I am changing to tail dragger right now.

It does fly well right now, nice rolls, hammerheads, snaps, spins, etc. First one I've owned and it is a blast to fly! OS .46FX running Tower muffler. It only turns 200 rpm more with a PSP tuned muffler. 11x6 MA prop.

I fly at 5,000 8,000 and 10,000' elevation and it is a great flying plane at these altitudes. Can't say that about some of my other models even though they have more power.

I have other models that are supposed to be more acrobatic, but this trainer is a lot of fun,

Thanks again!