Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Monokote decal application

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Monokote decal application

Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
geid15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monokote decal application

I have a NexStar Select that I would like to re-coat now that it is all beat up. If I put on new covering, how do you make the decals? I can not see how i can make windows and stripes that look so similar to the ones that came with the plane? Do I cut out of more monokote or do you get some sort of sticker? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:14 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Monokote decal application

Finding decals for windows might be a bit of a problem, unless you can get them from the company that made the plane.

Using monokote or any covering isn't hard to do and if you get the right color, they can look pretty nice. If you want the same as you have now I'd suggest that you try to save the decals you have on the plane to make patterns off of. If it's to late for that, maybe you can find someone with that plane and make patterns from theirs ( on the plane ). You can always just GO FOR IT and make your own. ENJOY !!! RED