Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

best prop for TT 46pro

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

best prop for TT 46pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 AM
RC/RON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best prop for TT 46pro

Ive tried the MAS 11x5 on my TT46pro with pretty good vertical results. Im still running the motor in at a slightly richer than normal setting. I have a 11x4MAS on it now after a slight crash that broke my 11x5. I was wondering what the results of this prop vs old one will be? Is there an advantage to APC props over MAS? Ive never ran an APC before. I did notice a rather long rotation with the 11x5. My plane is approx 5 pounds. I dont have enough landing gear room for a 12.25x3.75 though. THis prop was suggested by everyone to get fantastic vertical with this motor. The best I can do is maybe 11.5 X ? any help is appreciated. RP
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 AM
sigrun

Default RE: best prop for TT 46pro

ORIGINAL: RC/RON
any help is appreciated.
Choice of prop depends upon matching airframe with prop for what you want to do with it.

More info ris really equired for a meaningful tailored answer. ie: specifically, model, intended flight envelope. We already know what engine you have.

Bolly Clubman 11.5 x 5 or APC 11 x5 are the picks for a balance of solid vertical and general flying in most airframes. Great for a slow draggy airframe.
APC 12¼ x 3¾ for 3D and fun fly.
Bolly Clubman 10.5 x 7 or APC 10 x 7 if you want to scoot and still have solid vertical. Only on a slippery airframe and where you want to fly conventional aeros.
Compromises in between.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:57 AM
huggins

My preference for .46's is APC 11x4, 11x5, 12x4. Many love them, but I do not care for the 12.25x3.75 as they are wide and are slow to spool up. I get better vertical with the 11x4 and 12x4 on fun-fly type planes. Others are suitable, but I tend to prop for power rather than speed.

In answer to your question, the 11x4 will more than likely give more vertical than the 11x5 and a higher rpm. I use only APC's as they are stiffer and seem to be more efficient than the MAS's.

Mike
Old 06-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

I like the APC 11x4 on my Pro46 on a Thunder Tiger Stick. It definitely give me the performance I am looking for.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
RC/RON

Well the plane Im flying is the SPAD Das Plas Stick, a higher drag plane intended for slower flying with aerobatics involved. I imagine that its close to the typical stick craft such as the thunder tiger stick in size, weightand flight charcteristics. I am interested in proping for power and not speed. I liked the performance of the 11x5 MAS. I was just curious on other options. I will try the APC props since now Ive heard positive comments on them. I think both 11x4, and 11x5 will be tested to see which is more favorable. Thanks for all the rapid responses. Ron