Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Plans

Old 06-10-2006, 08:14 PM
crash86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans

I have been searching for plans for a Culver V aircraft. Not the Cadet or the Mooney Mite. The "V" was built of plywood, had retractable tri gear, two place and the wings had definite dihederal half way out the span of the wing. It was built in the early 1940's. The last one I saw was at Oskosh in 1980. It is a low wing bird. I would love to build a model of it as I got to fly the full scale a couple of times. On 85 hp, it cruised at 140 mph. Bob's Aircraft Documentation has pictures of it but the 3 views are too small to work with. Sure wish someone could help. I'm getting so old I won't be able to build much longer. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Dsegal

Default RE: Plans

Flying Models has plan no. CF328 from the April 1974 issue. Stand-off scale with 51" span for .29-.35 engine. The old John Pond catalog (now in the hands of AMA) shows 3 small Culver V plans for rubber power, free flight and control-line.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cleveland http://www.clevelandairline.com/ has plans for the Culver V. Cleveland plans are designed for rubber power, however, they are easily modified for glow or electric power. I have built several planes from Cleveland plans and provided you have done a plane or two from plans, you should have no problems with the mods needed for glow/electric.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:02 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a pictorial and article about the Culver during the early part of WW2 in a mid-1980s edition of AIRPOWER. The author and a few others were flying it on behalf of the Army. They installed two 50 calibre guns, but never fired them, for the A/C became overloaded and took too long to lift off from a dirt strip. I thought it was mentioned the A/C had a 65 HP engine though.

Wm.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:00 PM
crash86

Thanks a million guys! I'll check everything out. It was a good airplane but the company just didn't have the backing in the late 40's.