Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

how do you transport a kit on a airline

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

how do you transport a kit on a airline

Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
stq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you transport a kit on a airline

i live in pakistan and i am on holiday to the uk so i was wondering if it would be safe to transport a arf with the other baguage to pakistan. i wanted to buy a arf in britian and take it to pakistan. my major worry is that it will break on the way. anyone with experience in taking arfs on planes please help.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:22 PM
dicknadine

Default RE: how do you transport a kit on a airline

suggest that you contact your airline for instruction, method of packing and getting it thru customs. each country and airline have different criteria. also size of the package makes a big difference. good luck. dick
Old 06-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Jimmbbo

Default RE: how do you transport a kit on a airline

Assuming you will be taking the ARF before assembly, it is unlikely that you will be able to take an ARF box onbard... You should be able to send it as checked baggage, possibly at some extra charge, and if it is boxed within a box with additional packaging, appropriately and prominently marked, it should arrive OK.

The other thing you could do is package it appropriately send it to yourself via Fedex or UPS... Would be less hassle (schlepping an ARF box plus your baggage thru the airport is gonna present some interesting moments.) and may not be any more expensive, depending on the airline's policy for oversized baggage...

HTH

Jim