Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What is the cause?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What is the cause?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:41 AM
airtourer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the cause?

Hi All,

My Composite Arf 2.3 Extra pitches up when I reduce power.

The CG has been checked and is on the forward limit of the manufacturers instructions. With fuel the CG would be even further forward. In level flight it requires about 1/4 forward trim, when I reduce power it then requires more forward trim to stop it climbing. The thrust line looks ok.

Has anyone experienced this trait with their 2.3 or any other similar model? If experienced how was the problem fixed.

Happy flying,

Airtourer
Old 06-27-2006, 06:05 AM
jetmech05

Default RE: What is the cause?

WING INCIDENCE CORRECT? SORRY FOR THE CAPS HERE. IF OK HOW ABOUT THE INCIDENCE ON THE HOR STAB
GOOD LUCK
Old 06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
redfox435cat

Default RE: What is the cause?

1 of 3 things.
wing incedence is off.
the elevator is off a hair.
there is down thrust in the engine. when the power is cut there is nothing pulling it down.

how does it performe? if it's kinda slugish then it is nose heavy and one of the above is also wrong

if it's really snappy then then your instruction are wrong which has happended to me more than once on several models and you need to add some more weight to the nose