Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

The evil glitches!!!

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

The evil glitches!!!

Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 PM
av8rdavid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The evil glitches!!!

Ok,
This is driving me up the WALL!!!!!!!
I finally finished rebuilding the saito fa-65, awsome compression, all ready to go....Wireless cam is setup, camcorder is recording on the ground....I range check and everything is lovely....So i taxi for takeoff.
I normally do a ground run up and when i do, at 1/2 throttle to FULL throtthe i get this insanity of twitching/glitching of ALL 5 servos (including the throttle)!!!!!
So i figure the wireless cam is messing things up (although it never did it before) so i yank everything off and power off the cam's reciever at my bench.....SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN!!!
It does it both close or far away from the plane....
This is driving me insane...
GRRRRRRRR!
Please help!

Dave [:@]
Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: The evil glitches!!!

Hi!
Have you checked the range with the transmitter antenna fully collapsed? Have you slow charged the battery for at least 20 hours with the 50-100 mAh wall charger that came with the radio?
Do you have the receiver and battery well protected in lots of soft rubber foam.
You don't mix receiver /transmitter brands and crystals do you??
Try another receiver and see what happens?!

With my JR radio I get 100m with the antenna fully collapsed and pointing to the model which has the receiver antenna inside the fuselage in a some soda straws. The same with all my other JR receivers. If I get less than 75-50m I know something is wrong. This has happened twice in 26years
I always slow charge my 1800-2800mAh NiMh cells with a 100 mAh wall charger for at least 14-20 hours. I never fast charge my NiMh cells,and never cycle them.

Regards!
Jan K

Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check for metal to metal contacts that can vibrate like throttle push rod or any braces or wire structure. Make sure that the receiver is padded (if a crystal is cracked --note: there are two crystal in a dual conversion reciever-one can not be unplugged or changed) vibration will cause problems. If the receiver has been shocked by a crash or other act, the crystal(s) could be cracked or the mounting inside the crystal can intermittant. Does the interferance happen if the wireless cam is not installed? May be interferance there. make sure the transmitter antenna is making good contact inside the transmitter case--they have been know to come loose. make sure the reciever antenna is not broken inside the insulation and the break not visable.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:45 PM
DVI

Dont forget to check your on/off switch for your aircraft. I once had a switch go bad and it would make all the servo's jump around like crazy while the engine was running mid range and above. I guss the contacts in the switch worn out.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:26 PM
muzzlemaggot
My Feedback: (7)

I agree with the checking the switch. I lost a plane back in 96 on final approach....banked in, looking good, and nothing. Notta. Lost it. After checking everything with a more experienced flier at the time, we tore into the switch and that's what it was. But this doesn't discount the notion it may be any of the above that have been posted.