Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SAITO SMOKE??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:21 PM
iaclmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAITO SMOKE??

Ok .... There have been a lot of threads on smoke systems ... but ... what I would like to know (based on actual experience) what is the best smoke system to use with either the Saito 100 or 125??
Old 07-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAITO SMOKE??

Here is a great "How To" on smoke systems. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=455]Got Smoke[/link]

Good smoke systems are the domain of Gas engines usually although I have seen some novel attempts on smaller glow engines.

You're main issue with the smaller engines is a lack of heat in the exhuast, or a lack of time for the smoke mix to be exposed to what heat there is. I've tried to make smaller engines do good smoke but it's always been a lot of effort for very little effect.

Also, you can purchase small flares which you can put on you wing tips etc which do make an awesome effect if you're after a one off show type smoke system.

Good Luck though!

Matt
Old 07-21-2006, 07:39 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: SAITO SMOKE??

iaclmac, I have used my smoke system successfully on a Saito 150, YS 91, YS 110, and OS 91 (As well as a few gassers). So I see no reason why it wouldn't work on a Saito 100 or 125

Read the "Got Smoke" article that Sukhoi_Madness so kindly linked.

Most commercial smoke pumps will work, but here is the pump I use:

[link=http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004483/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2004483/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=Windshield%20Washer%20Pump]Windshield Washer Replacement Pump[/link]