Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

quick questions on my mag 52

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

quick questions on my mag 52

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 AM
defilmcrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick questions on my mag 52

i have about 30 flights on my mag xls .52 and is currently on a dazzler. the problem is the engine loads up with fuel when i am taxing out to the run way and stalls when i throttle up. also when i am flying at about half throttle for about 30-45 seconds and nail it to go it seems to give a puff of smoke and you can hear the engine sound loaded up again like a huge hesitation then it rockets away, never deadsticks but sounds close to. also i have noticed that air bubbles are always through the gas line from the tank but i have sealed up everything from the tank forward with sealant and it still does it, my backpressure line in the tank is short and pointing up, and the clunk is on the other side of the tank so i dont think its sucking air from that, could it be the motor is getting hot enough to make the gas give off bubbles?. the only things i have done is put an os .46fxi carb on it and ended up using the high side needle adjustment in the back of the motor, took out the baffle in the muffler and its swinging a 10x6 prop. i have leaned out the low end and re tuned the top right after and am running out of ideas on why its loading up.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Stamper
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: quick questions on my mag 52

Sounds like the low end is rich. Also, I have a Mag 52 on a Dazzler running a 12x7 apc prop. Unbelievable power
Old 08-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These engines, and I have 2, have very, very sensitive low end needles, as do a lot of Chinses engines. Fill your tank about a quarter (1/4) full, crank up, rev to full power to blow it out, then idle down. Time it for at least 30 seconds, then pop full power. If it blubbers, close the low end 1/16 turn. This isn't very much. Keep doing this until you get a clean acceleration. Once you fill the tank completely, you'll run a little richer, but it won't stall lean at the end of a tank.

There are several threads on the Mag .52XLS, GMS .47, SK .50 and Evo engines and all talk about the fine adjustment you must make on the low end. In addition, they need about a full gallon of fuel through them before you'll get a good solid adjustment.

I was running mine on a Mach Racer with a Rossi short pipe and an APC 9-7. It would move!
Old 08-15-2006, 02:04 AM
defilmcrew

ok i will try this asap because i want this thing back in the air without hesitation of it stalling out if i am trying to hover or try anything slow thanks guy for being so helpful!