Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 Kadet Senior Ailerons >

Kadet Senior Ailerons

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kadet Senior Ailerons

Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kadet Senior Ailerons

I have a Kadet Senior build it yourself kit. I have the kit assembled, per the plans, but not covered yet. I have been reading a lot about adding ailerons to the wings. Is this something that anyone would suggest I do? Do I need to take the halves apart and reduce the dihedral? Any suggestions as to rather it is worth making these changes? I have found plans to add the ailerons, but no plans for servo hook up, since the wings come off how do I go about this? Thank for any and all help, obviously this is my first plane.....[&:]
Old 08-15-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kadet Senior Ailerons

Since this is your first plane, you should just go ahead and finish the plane the way it is. You already have the wings built and taking them apart to modify them could cause more problems then it's worth.
That being said, if you really want ailerons, get a second wing kit from Sig and build that one with ailerons.

There are lots of people who have modified the Kadet for ailerons. Do a search in "all forums" for a good couple hours read.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In order for ailerons to work as ailerons should, you would have to remove a lot of the dihedral from the wing. The suggestion to get a second wing kit is a good one; build it with very little or no dihedral and add your ailerons.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a Seniorita which I fly with a kit wing.. no ailerons.. and an aileron wing..
And a Senior the same..
Fly with one, remove it, fly with the other.
The plane without ailerons and training..
Set it up with the rudder/nose wheel servo on the rudder (left stick) channel.
Use the transmitter 1->4 mix to have the right (aileron) stick control the rudder also.
This lets you learn to taxi with the left stick and fly with the right stick, which is the way aileron planes are used.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89692.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	507736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48762.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	507737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17608.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	507738  
Old 08-15-2006, 01:47 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Paul, Rodney and Jeff all have given you good answers. Just finish it and fly it without the ailerons. This kit version you have has been the most successful of all trainers in the history of RC. Don,t beleve anyone who tells you that you cannot do aerobatics without ailerons, not so. At one time in the past national aerobatic contests were held with classes based upon the number of controls used: rudder only - rudder/ elevator and full house rudder - elevator - ailerons.

Yes if you install ailerons either strip or barndoor type the dihedral needs to be considerably reduced.

If you have a computer radio the mix setup advised by Tall Paul is a good idea and will ease the transition to a full house airplane.

The Kadet Senior or the smaller Seniorita clone are superb airplanes beloved by many.

Here are shots of my Quad Senior with barndoor ailerons and twin Seniorita with ailerons. This one also can change to a glider in five minutes by removing the nacelles and aero towed aloft.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88939.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	507792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60759.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	507793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89981.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	76.2 KB