Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Airplanes to go with the OS FS 120?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Airplanes to go with the OS FS 120?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Jetdrvr393

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airplanes to go with the OS FS 120?

Hey guys,

I was involved in this hobby up until about 12 years ago. I am now getting back into it and have built my first ARF, a Sig Mayhem 40. I am having a great time with it and am trying to get into the 3D stuff which never existed back then.

I am thinking about getting a Showitime 4D and after I read the review on here about it have been thinking of getting the O.S. 120 to go with it. My question is this, how many other 3D ARF type airplanes are out there that will work well with this engine? It cost's alot of money and I don't want to buy it and then have trouble finding another plane sometime down the road that will work well with it.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Rate1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airplanes to go with the OS FS 120?

I have this engine, OS 120 Surpass III pumped, and it is one great engine for many applications. However if my intention would be 3D I would select another engine. Don't take me wrong, I love my OS but it is fairly heavy and you can get more bang (read power) for its weight with other engines. For 3D I would select either the Saito 125 or YS 110. The OS would still work good for 3D but then I would keep the plane below 8 lbs maximum 8,5 lbs. However, if the application would be a warplane, biplane, or a traditional aerobat I would chose the OS as it is one sweet engine. It is fuel efficent, has an awesome sound, is reliable, together with a swiss watch ticking delight that has good power. The pump is great for those lovely centre of gravity mounted fuel tanks, easy needle settings and great reliability. I think there is no other engine in this class that has as great sound. This is my opinion.