Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Setting up Futaba 7c

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Setting up Futaba 7c

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:51 AM
old n slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up Futaba 7c

I have dual ail servos and want to plug them into separate channels on receiver. I also have flaps. The flaps work from rotary knob but i can only get one ail to work. The other goes to full throw when i turn it on. What other channel do i use and will i have to do something with the programming?

Sorry for dumb question but this is my first complex radio and the book not really clear about it, of course having only one active brain cell doesn't help much. Getting old isn't all it's cracked up to be. [&o] The plane is H9 p-51 ARF. It is ready to fly as soon as i get the ail to work properly.

Thanks

Old 09-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Setting up Futaba 7c

You need to plug the left aileron into channel one, and the right one into channel 6. Then go into the menu and activate flaperon.

EDIT: I forgot to add that flaps need to be plugged into channel 5, and then set up the radio to use the rotary knob on channel five. You may have to go into the reverse menu and reverse channel 5.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:57 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

When you say you have the H9 P-51 ARF which one are you refering to?

The 60 size Marie or Miss America? The PTS trainer or the 1.50?
Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
old n slow

It's the PTS without all the training stuff. I just wanted a warplane and figured this was a good start. But the question was about my 7C and not the plane. I have everything working now. I assigned the flaps to a switch and had to adjust the end point way way down. Work good on bench. Hopefully same in the air. Been flying a Sig 4*40 and Avistar. I'm reading and learning more about the 7C. They need to publish a dummies guide to computer radios. Would greatly help us oldies.

Thanks for assist.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: old n slow

They need to publish a dummies guide to computer radios. Would greatly help us oldies.

Thanks for assist.
I'm 36 and a computer tech...I still struggle with mine and my 9C. I've got a 40 size stick to set crow up on tommorow. I wonder how many times I'll have to recharge everything before I get er done.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:44 PM
old n slow

How do I assign my flap channel to the flap trim rotary knob? I would rather have the knob to control instead of a switch. I tried the knob but it has very limited effect, being a flap trim knob. I would like to have at least 30-40 % travel.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:08 PM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

You might want to check out this publication reviewed in RCU:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/n...roduct_id=1293