Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

CMP Product Reviews

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CMP Product Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 PM
Rod Bender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP Product Reviews

Hey Everyone,

I've contacted a few members offline regarding the CMP models that are seen for sale on this site by Nitro and others. Specifically the P51 "Marie" model. I've had 3 responses from members that have bought one from this site, however none of the members replying had built their plane yet. Do we have any members that have purchased one of these China Model Products from Nitro, AK, or whomever and has input on the quality, and how the planes fly? I am on the fence of buying a Hanger9 or one of these CMP's.........................Your input is greatly appreciated .... Greg
Old 09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
campbec

Default RE: CMP Product Reviews

Hi Greg,

One of the blokes who regularly flies at my club recently purchased one of the "Marie" CM models you are considering. With a Magnum four stroke it appears to be a fine flying package but he has had to undertake some repairs after the undercarriage came loose in the wings following a slow run off the strip into long grass.

What amazes all who hear it fly is that it sounds just like the full scale supercharger scream when on a low high spped pass. Very scale sound?

Cheers,

Colin
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Blacksheep-J

Greg,

There are quite a few post throughout The Universe regarding CMPro models and the various suppliers that sells them ( ie Nitro Models, RaidenTech, AK Models etc). The responses are as varied and diverse as the modelers that use this forum. But this is a good thing because it will help you make a more informed decision based on what YOU feel is important.
I purchased two CMP models (both from RaidenTech) after reading many of the posts. I considered all the comments and took some of the advice and so far I'm very pleased with the purchases. There seems to be 2 major issues. 1)The quality of CMP models-The airframes are generally pretty good but the manuals suck! You need to be aware that the hardware should be replaced,Glue joints and landing gear blocks reinforced and never balance the plane based on the CG in the manual. 2) Customer Service from the supplier- AK models seem to have the best service but I only dealt with Raidentech. The planes were shipped very promptly and were packaged very well. I had no problems with the 1st plane but the 2nd one was missing some small parts. I called RaidenTech and they did respond but they are not RC people and wouldn't know the difference between an aileron and a prop nut. Anyway, they're not manufacturers so they don't have spare parts. If youre missing something you pretty much out of luck. Some of the posts makes it seem like Nitro-Models is the worse but I can't comment on them.
In any case I believe most of us who has experience with CMPro models will agree that if you never assembled an ARF before or even if you had little experience assembling them, you're probably better off spending the extra money and going with Hangar9.
I'm sure some of the other will also give you some more input.

Good luck and Have Fun!
~Jay
Old 09-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Rod Bender

Thanks Colin & Jay,

I actually purchased a 300S from AK, the covering is really funky. You can throw a bernzo torch to it, and it won't burn...well, almost, it can take a very high heat setting. The Extra is VERY light, the canopy was damaged, and as you said, if anything’s wrong, your sol. I also know the instruction manuals are like reading hieroglyphics from the stone age, half in English, the other in Chinese. I figured I would buy a Hanger9 P51 for my fun fly plane, and buy a CMP P51 for thrash flying or racing, after beefing it up. I'd still like to see one at the field, might have to visit some others in my area (even further than my site) to see some. Thanks for the input, its always appreciated..... Winds are mild & calm this week..... Thursday and or Friday will be my play days this week ... Greg