Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

phoenix decathlon reciever pack questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

phoenix decathlon reciever pack questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
musltang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phoenix decathlon reciever pack questions

I just finished building a phoenix decathlon im using a jr 1500mah 4.8 volt reciever pack. to attain the proper cg i had to ad 5 oz of weight to the tail to compensate for my oversized os 61 fx.(the kit was designed for a .46) im wondering if i could build a 4.8v sub-c battery pack and use it in the tail instead of the weight. this would give me lots of run time. please give me some insite or just let me know if im crazy. thanx!!!!!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: phoenix decathlon reciever pack questions

sure...
could also look at a 5 cell pack too
Old 10-01-2006, 09:00 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: phoenix decathlon reciever pack questions

I haven't built the Phoenix Decathlon... I have built several kit's and 2 ARF's over the years the last and current being the TT Decathlon... anyway EVERYONE of them came out somewhat tail heavy... your 61 is about 6 oz heavier than a .46... it SHOULD have helped balance... the fact that you had to add 5oz to the tail to counter is odd... please double check your CG... you really don't want to fly a tail heavy Decathlon!!! a little nose heavy won't hurt it.

If you really need that tail weight try and move the battery you have as far back into the fuse as you need to set the CG... you should have LOT's of room back there.... take a small piece of lite-ply and cut a shelf large enough for the battery... stick it back into the fuse where it needs to be for balance or at least as far back as you can put it... epoxy it in place... you should have several stringers that will support the ply and battery... strap the battery down with a zip tie or velcro strap.

John