Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Os fp engines

Old 10-20-2006, 09:07 PM
boogie1
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os fp engines

Anyone know the size muffler bolt a Os 40 fp engine uses? I plan on buying several aftermarket bolts instead of the 2 in a pack OS offers. Thanks
Old 10-20-2006, 09:13 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Os fp engines

3mm x 30mm

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCC18&P=7]FP 40 muffler on Tower Hobbies[/link]
Old 10-21-2006, 04:03 PM
kdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Os fp engines

My old FP40 is fitted with 6 BA bolts. These are replacements but I thought the originals were 6BA.
A 6 BA thread is 2.8mm dia x .53 pitch .
An ISO coarse M3 is 3.0 mm dia x .50 pitch

So the difference is slight but important.

I used longer bolts than standard and used them like studs with a nut, so that the tightening is done by the steel nut on the steel thread instead of in the alloy of the silencer. This is a good trick if the threads have worn in the silencer.
Of course if you asked this question it seems that you may not have used a thread locking compound! Even a rubbery type of contact glue can be used if you do not have proper thread lock.