Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Du-Bro Skiis

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 03:38 PM
jgiles-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Du-Bro Skiis

I'm having a very difficult time trying to get these skiis mounted to wire landing gear. No problem getting the skiis on, it's just that I haven't figured out how to get the retention springs on correctly. These keep the ski from rotating in flight but still allow them to pivot over rough ground. The included instructions are poor and even my lHS where I bought them could not determine how they were supposed to work.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2003, 04:17 PM
jgiles-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Du-Bro Skiis

I contacted Dubro directly on the installation of the skis and they quickly responded to my question. Basically, the outer collar is supposed to use a long Hex Head bolt which the spring attaches to. This allows you to set tension on the spring and then tighten the collar in place. The head of the bolt rests on the back of the ski and the end of the spring on the front of the ski. In my opinion this is definitely NOT clear in their instructions, but was easily figured out once I had the proper parts.

Also, note that the axle you are attaching the skis to cannot rotate or the skiis will continue to freely pivot (My Clancy Lazy Bee). Also, the ski axle height is approximately the same as a 2" wheel so ground clearance may be an issue for your plane.