Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

servos for the Show time 4-D 90

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servos for the Show time 4-D 90

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:39 PM
paul64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos for the Show time 4-D 90

I am currently building a H9 Showtime 4-D 90 plane. After chatting with several people who own the same plane, I have decided to go with a Saito 150 engine versus the Saito 100 the tests and manual talk about. In the instructions manual they refer to JR servos. The aileron and elevator servos are an 82oz/in tq rating. The rudder servo has a 155oz/in tq. rating. I am buying the JR XP 7202 radio and planning to use JR ( or if I have to) use HI-Tech servos. If anyone is using a 150 motor...do I need to buy a higher torque servo? This is my 1st 3-D plane build. Not sure about the motor/ Tq. ratio i need to use. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

--Paul
Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: servos for the Show time 4-D 90

When i first built the showtime, I was in the same boat. With this nice of plane I wanted nice servos, but after research nice servos also meant a nice price that I couldn't afford at the time. So i went with hitec digitals 5625 all the way around excluding the rudder. For the rudder I went for the slightly more torque of the 5645. The 5625 is rated way more than what the manual calls but, those surfaces are HUGE, coupled with 45* throws will require a lot of torque. Granted I havn't really "flown" this plane to what it can do but, Im more than happy. The digtals offer a very crisp reaction to the plane. At the same time ive saved almost 80 dollars on servos alone with hitecs vs futaba or JR. Also the Hitecs allows you to program the servos making your dual elevators effortless.
Good luck with the ST, you will be very happy with it as I am.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:15 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

I used 5645's all around on mine
Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I used the $$$Hangar 9 recommended servos....and yes, they ADD UP $$$$ quickly!