Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Twist 3D .40 Electric Value?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Twist 3D .40 Electric Value?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Smokieflame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twist 3D .40 Electric Value?

I have a Twist .40 3D that I altered into an electric. I am now trying to sell this plane but am unsure of a fair price. I am not looking to sell it fast and cheap nor do I want to hold onto it for the next 7 months trying to sell it.

To start with I put an E-Flight Power46 on it, I had to extend the orginal firewall out (I did this with balsa and base wood), I then mounted a Castle Creation 60amp ESC on it powered with 5 Li-Po Cells (The battery pack is split, a 3cell 11.1v 5000mAh pack, and a 2cell 7.4v 5000mAh pack ran in series to make a 5cell 18.5v 5000mAh pack.) I did this to cancel the need for a 5cell Li-Po charger ($250) also for lower powered 3cell flight. Becouse the ESC can not handle 5cells while using the BEC feature I added an OFNA 1600mAh 6.0v flat pack for the RX and servos. I also added a E-Flight Sub Micro Gyro to the rotor for easy hangs. It has 4 NES-537 Servos runing the Ailorons, Rotor, and Elevator.

I had to add a full pack of wieghts on firewall extention in order to balance it as it is now 3lbs lighter then designed for as a nitro powered plane. It wieghs in at 6.64LBS, with the 5cell pack fully charged it has 140wpp (watts per pound) and a peak of 180wpp. This equals to having a .70 2cycle nitro engine on this plane. It will float, hover, hang, flip, twist and give you an experiance like no other. It is also VERY easy to land, you can chop the power and float it in at very low speed so it is a great plane for someone who does not have the best landing area or the greatest experiance.

Any ideas about what this plane would be worth would be great. It has a Airtronics Radiant 6ch Radio making it RTF once you get it. Only thing needed is a charger for the 3 and 2 cell Lipo and the 6.0v NiMh batteries. The ESC is already computer programed for the best performance. This plane has never been crashed, it has however had something set on the wing that broke a rib. I opened the wing up and fixed the rib and patched the Ultra Cote. The plane has been flown only a hand full of times and has been fully tested and all bugs worked out with the electric modification. She flies like a dream.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:42 PM
srpuls
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twist 3D .40 Electric Value?

I would start at half of what you had in it and see what happens I know that stinks but that has been want I have found what most people expect when buying used planes