Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Yellow Aircraft Sukhoi

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Yellow Aircraft Sukhoi

Old 11-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Jlevin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Aircraft Sukhoi

Hi! I just picked up a Yellow Aircraft Sukhoi the other day, but I don't have the original manual. Does anyone know what the reccomended low and high rate throws are? Thanks!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
marlinmad

Default RE: Yellow Aircraft Sukhoi

Hi
The Sukhoi Su-31m I have is the fun-key model that was sold by Yellow Aircraft kit No.
FK 2003 with a 72.5 wingspan engine size 1.08-1.50 2cycle!
My manual says as follows.

Aileron......... 1/2 up & down
Elevator........3/4 up & down
Rudder..........2'' R-L
Center of gravity .........4-3/4 to 5-1/4 behind leading edge of wing at the root.

Could you give me a heads up of what your using as far as and engine and servo's go thanks.
Greg hope the info helps you.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM
YSJunkie

I have the same Fun-Key Sukhoi sold by Yellow Aircraft, 72.5" wingspan. The instructions have the CG at 4 1/4 to 4 1/2. The airplane balances at 5".
Was the recommended CG changed at some point ? I'm a little afraid to fly it at 5" as it may be tail heavy.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:00 AM
marlinmad

Hi.
I dont know i'm just reading the spec's off the manual and for the C-G they give 4 3/4 to 5 1/4.
I like to go on the nose heavy side for the first flight and then i work it out from there!
I tryed to scan the manual but my scanner quit on me.
I havn't finished setting mine up yet. I'm into it now i bought this plane used and really couldn't get much info on it but i did get the manual that came with it.
I'm planning on puting a supertiger 2300 on it. The manual says to use standard servo's on it
but im thinking its a little big for JR-537 servo's. What are you going with as far as engine and servo's. Thanks Greg.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:46 PM
YSJunkie

My manuel makes no reference to the type of servo's. I called Yellow Aircraft and they said the CG should be 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 so I'm a little tailheavy. I'll have to move things around a bit. I'm putting a YS 160 in the nose and Hitec 5985's on all surfaces, Hitec mini on throttle mounted inside engine box.