Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Spacewalker windshields

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spacewalker windshields

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:56 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacewalker windshields

Sorry for the dumb question here but, I simply don't know how to install the windshields for the Sig Spacewalker 2. How do you do a neat install. Plane is covered. I know, I know, It's suppose to be simple enough but how are the clear pieces installed. I don't want to screw it up and make a mess. Please help. MM[]
Old 11-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spacewalker windshields

Windshields like those on the Space Walker are TYPICALLY fastened on with small screws (usually #1 or #2 with oversize heads OR a built in washer ). It may or may not have some narrow pieces of trim tape to attach to the fuselage and bottom of the windshield for appearance.

If you do not have any of those screws you can fasten the windshield on as follows:

Position the windshield in place.

Using NARROW strips of masking tape, secure/hold the windshield in position.

Apply a bead of RC-56 windshield glue and let dry. This goes on white, but dries clear in about 24 hours (this can take longer depending on teperature and humidity ). Do not remove the tape until the glue has turned clear.

Remove the tape (clean any tape residue if needed with rubbing alcohol ) and add some RC-56 where the tape was.

Let the new glue dry.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:00 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spacewalker windshields

Thanks Campy, MM