Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Best propellers??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best propellers??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Birman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best propellers??

What manfacturer has the best wood and composite (nylon/fiberglass, etc) propeller? I'm going to need props for a RCV91-CD on a BTE Venture 60.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Best propellers??

Zinger and APC, just my opinion and one of many. Unless you are asking regarding a composite of wood and some other substance and then I am just staring at the headlights.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what you're doing, and who you ask... .049-.15, I only use Cox props. .19-up, I usually go with Master Airscrew (I am a sport flier. 3-D guys, racers, etc. will have other ideas). I don't use APC and similar pointed & sharp bladed props, because I like my props to look like props, and I like my fingers to stay attached, thank you. Graupner seems to have some nice designs. I won't use wood props unless I have to, like on an oldtimer that needs one to look right, since it's been my experience that they cost too much performance, but if you're in the habit of sticking pieces of your anatomy into the prop, I would recommend them...
Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Best Props" is a vague term. It depends on the application you will be using it in.

APC props are more efficient than MAS props (look at a MAS from the side while the engine is running and notice the amount of flex in the blades ). Each has it's place. I recommend MAS to newbies because they are a lot more tolerant of a prop strike than an APC and slow the plane down faster (and frequently more ) than an APC.

Wood props also vary in efficiency (I prefer Zinger when I use a wood prop ). I love the look of a wood prop, however they will not tolerate ANY rough handling. Cost wise, wood props range from about 2/3 of a composite prop to about 1/3 more depending on the size, style and manufacturer.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer Graupner props over APC because they look like actual props and just as efficient if not more.