Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Most Annoying Glitch

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Most Annoying Glitch

Old 12-09-2006, 12:11 PM
flybyjimbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Annoying Glitch

Hi there I am really hoping someone can help me out here all I want to do is fly and im grounded.

I recently bought a new plane its an airfoilz yak 54. The motor is a Hacker a20 20l and its connected to a hacker X-20 speed controller. The reciever is one of those tiny hitec ones called HFSO5MS which i bouight because I am using one on one of my flying wings and all is well.
The transmitter is an Optic 6 which I was using on my flying wing with a spectra module so I think that rules out that as a cause of the glitching.

So anyhow i went out for the maiden this morning and did a range test with the antenna collapsed with my friend who was holding the plane and checking the responces to my inputs.

At about 20 feet from him the whole thing started to go crazy.

Does anyone have any idea why the range was so short?

All i can think of is the reciever is quite close to the speed controller and because of the layout of the servos the wires are quite jumbled around each other? I will try reordering them now?

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation of your help,

James
Old 12-09-2006, 12:16 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Most Annoying Glitch

Hi!
Try with another receiver...Hitech receivers doesn't have that well reputation...seen many during my 31 years in R/C that did not functioning properly.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:18 PM
flybyjimbo

Yeh I think I may have to however why should this one glitch and my other one work completely fine?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:19 PM
oceansfiftyseven

Try unplugging one servo at a time. May have one with a bad connection. Hitec makes excellent receivers. Also may consider changing the crystal to a differrent channel.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
22Ryan22

alot of times i know that the receiver wire can be damaged quite easily. Either from bending or twisting, the copper wire may have been separated, even though the rubber coating may seem unharmed
Old 12-10-2006, 07:38 AM
flybyjimbo

Thanks for your input i think the servo connections are fine. I transferred the motor and speed control from the wing along with the reciever. The reciever is the same HFSO5MS, the motor is a mega 16/15/3 and esc is CC 45.

I did some trial and error with the antenna down and here are my findings,

Hacker motor + X-20 esc and HFSo5MS, Range = 20 paces before severe glitching,

Mega motor + Hacker ESC and HFSo5MS, Range = 20 paces

Hacker Motor + CC 45 esc and HFSo5MS, Range = 30 paces

Mega motor and CC45 esc and HFSo5MS, Range = 50-60 paces

(This is the setup on the flying wing which is fine.)

What I can deduce from this is that some setups when used with the HFSo5MS severely shorten the range whilst some are fine.

Does anyone know of a reciever that is small and highly recommended that is not prone to interference from certain setups?

Any help much appreciated!
Old 12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: flybyjimbo

Yeh I think I may have to however why should this one glitch and my other one work completely fine?

that would tell me you have a problem with the reciever. I fly PCM on my electrics to avoid the glitches. You may also want to use anaroid wafers and separate the speed control and Rx by as much as you can.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 PM
flybyjimbo

I have ordered an electron 6 reciever. It should come tomorro so il let you know how i get on. Its duel conversion which im hoping will make a difference. Whats PCM? Is that a different shift? Please explain?

James