Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

RC Plane Ring Tones

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RC Plane Ring Tones

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Jack Skip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Plane Ring Tones

I broke down and got a nice cell phone that can download ring tones. You can set up ringtones for everyone in your phonebook. I want to be able to set an RC ringtone for all my RC Buddies wehn they call.

Can anyone make an RC engine sound into a ringtone for me? Or tell me how to do it?

I used to be PC litterate, but have not kept up. Help.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Newc

Default RE: RC Plane Ring Tones

Can't you simply record whatever sound you want by using the microphone built in to your pc and then use this for the download? Take your pc to the field and record some sounds? Or if you don't have a laptop, have one of your buddies do it for you and then email you the file.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

Another thing you could try is downloading the free trial of [link=http://www.goldwave.com/]"GoldWave"[/link] . It can be used to rip the audio from videos.

You could open any RC video in goldwave and take the engine sound from it ..then save that as an MP3 or WAV. Then send that to your phone.

If you dont mind spending $20 you can DL [link=http://www.goldwave.com/]"Xingtone"[/link] ...It converts audio files to ringtones and automaticly sends them to your phone in a multiledia message.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:05 PM
ajk racer

On the phone go to applications (assuming your phone can do this) and sound recorder. Record the sound you want, and then save it. Then select the file and do "use as" and then press ringtone.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Jack Skip

Thank you all.

Goldwave works great to get the sound file. Followed by a free program called Audacity to convert to a ringtone. Now I have a ring tone for my flying buddies, according to the plane or helicopter they have.

Just what I wanted.