Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 9C Super Airplane verson or Heli Version

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 9C Super Airplane verson or Heli Version

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:48 PM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C Super Airplane verson or Heli Version

I revieved the Futaba 9C Super as a christmas gift and I noticed something about it. I recieved the Heli verson of it and I am a pattern flier. I was wondering if this is a big difference from the airplane verson. I am learning that the gimble in the heli verson is not racatted and the switches are different as well. This would be an easy exchange but I wanted to know what everybody else thinks. Should I exchange it? Now I am also hearing that the heli verson might be better because if I decide to do helis I can. What do you guys think I should do.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:15 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Futaba 9C Super Airplane verson or Heli Version

I fly all types of planes (scale, pattern, 3D and pylon planes) as well as 3 heli's with my 9CHP.
The programminig is identical on the heli and plane versions.
Since it is a new radio to you, I would use it and get used to where the switches are.
Having flown without a ratcheting throttle for over a decade now, I will not go back to a ratcheting throttle ever again!
You are going to love that radio. It has so many capabilities that it took me 3 years to use the radio to its' potential.
Doug
Old 12-28-2006, 02:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

I agree I fly all my warbirds, a Funtana, a glider plus my helis on a 9CHP and if you arent playing with flaps and retracts the switches are a non issue, if you are its a simple matter to get used to them the way they are on the heli. Other than that the only difference is the default type of model.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:50 PM
JoeyCoates

I agree, I have a 9chp and I love it. I only fly the little electric heli's (for now) but I fly a lot of airplanes and it has done everything that I have asked of it, and I am sure that it will do much more. I say keep it and love it!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
FLYBOY

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do it all with a heli version too. I like the throttle way better as do most of the people I let try it. It is just smoother. Programming is the same and you can move functions from one button to the other in the programming, so that isn't a factor.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:27 PM
dingo9882

One of the main issues though is that I have no interest in helis. And like BarracudaHockey said the switches are set up for a heli. Is it possible to actually move the switches to different locations to be like the plane set up?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

If you are going to goto that trouble just get the aircraft version and flip the ratchet spring over to give you a smooth throttle, the switches are soldered to printed circuit boards, unsoldering them and flopping them around will result in programming problems because the radio expects certain switch letters to be two or three position. So to fix that you would have to access the service menu which is best done by a service center. See where I'm going with the agrivation factor here?

As for the switches looking down at the top of the radio with the sticks towards you there's 4 switches, two long ones and two short ones. The short ones are towards the front of the radio and one is 3 position and one is two position. The 3 position switch on a heli radio is on the left used for flight mode selection and the two position is on the right. On the aircraft version the 3 position is on the right for flaps or whatever and the two position is on the left for landing gear. I have no problem flying my warbirds with the gear switch on the right and flaps on the left.

The two larger switches one is spring loaded (trainer switch) and one is two position, on the heli version the spring loaded is on the left and the airplane version its on the right.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:53 AM
masonman

I have a CAP, hate the rachet throttle, so i went inside an took it out. You will love the CHP. If the switches are that big a problem, send it back an have them move them to where you want